Main Article Content
The angiosperms diversity was studied in Doaba region of Punjab, India. A total of 464 species belonging to 337 genera and 99 families were recorded during this study. Of these, 88% are dicots and the remaining (12%) are monocots. The data contain wild, cultivated and ornamental species. Fabaceae is the most dominant family with 60 species followed by Asteraceae (33), Poaceae (29), Euphorbiaceae (20), Amaranthaceae (18), Cucurbitaceae and Solanaceae (17 each). Amongst all the recorded species, 255 were herbs, 65 shrubs, 85 trees and 59 climbers. Six species have been added to the flora of Punjab. Present investigation has indicated that, Doaba region of Punjab has rich angiosperm diversity and need of the hour is its documentation and conservation.
Authors own the copyright to the articles published in JoTT. This is indicated explicitly in each publication. The authors grant permission to the publisher Wildlife Information Liaison Development (WILD) Society to publish the article in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. The authors recognize WILD as the original publisher, and to sell hard copies of the Journal and article to any buyer. JoTT is registered under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY), which allows authors to retain copyright ownership. Under this license the authors allow anyone to download, cite, use the data, modify, reprint, copy and distribute provided the authors and source of publication are credited through appropriate citations (e.g., Son et al. (2016). Bats (Mammalia: Chiroptera) of the southeastern Truong Son Mountains, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam. Journal of Threatened Taxa 8(7): 8953–8969. https://doi.org/10.11609/jott.27184.108.40.20653-8969). Users of the data do not require specific permission from the authors or the publisher.
Aitchison, J.E.T. (1868). A Catalogue of the Plants of the Punjab and Sind. Taylor and Francis, London, 212pp.
Bamber, C.J. (1916). Plants of the Punjab. A Descriiptive Key of the Flora of the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province and Kashmir. Government Printing Press, Lahore, 652pp.
Irwin, S.J. & D. Narasimhan (2011). Endemic genera of angiosperm in India: a review. Rheedea 21(1): 87â€“105.
Jerath, N., Puja & J. Chadha (2006). Biodiversity in the Shivalik Ecosystem of Punjab. Punjab State Council for Science and Technology, 193pp.
Jerath, N., S.S. Ladhar & G. Singh, (2014a). State of Environment, Punjab. Punjab State council for Science and Technology, 126 pp.
Jerath, N., S.S. Ladhar, S. Kaur, V. Sharma, P. Saile, P. Tripathi, S. Bhattacharya & H.K. Parwana (2014b). Punjab State Action Plan on Climate Change. Punjab State Council for Science and Technology, Chandigarh, India, 329pp.
Karthikeyan, S. (2009). Flowering plants of India in 19th and 21st Centuries - A comparision, pp. 19â€“30. In: Krishnan, S. & D.J. Bhat (eds.), Plant and Fungal Biodiversity and Bioprospecting. Broadway Publishing, Goa, 187pp.
Kumar, S. (2001). Flora of Haryana. Bishan Singh Mahendra Pal Singh Publications, Dehra Dun, India, 507pp.
Meenakshi & M. Sharma (1985). Flora of Ropar District. Dev Publishers, Patiala, Punjab, India, 267pp.
Nair, N.C. (1978). Flora of Punjab Plains. Botanical Survey of India, Howrah, 326 pp.
Parker, R.N. (1918). A Forest Flora for the Punjab with Hazara and Delhi. Superintendant of Government Printing, 577pp.
Sabnis, T.S. (1941). A contribution to the flora of Punjab plains and the associated Hill Regions. The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society 42: 533â€“586.
Santapau, H. (1958). The floristic study in India. Memoirs: Indian Botanical Society 1: 117â€“121.
Sharma, M. (1990). Punjab Plants-Check List. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh Publications, Dehra Dun, India, 115pp.
Sharma, M. & K. Rajpal (1995). Flora of Punjab State- A phytogeographic assessment. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society 92(2): 160â€“165.
Sharma, M.L. & P.K. Khosla, (1989). The Grasses of Punjab and Chandigarh. Publication Bureau, Punjab University, Chandigarh, 296pp.
Stewart, J.L. (1977). Punjab Plants. International Book Distributors. 375pp.
Tiwana, N.S., N. Jerath, S.K. Saxena, P. Nangia & H.K. Parwana (2005).
State of Environment Report: Punjab. Punjab State Council for Science and Technology, 315pp.