Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check their submission in compliance with all of the following points. Submissions will be declined if these points are not adhered to.
- 1. On behalf of my co-authors, I submit the following manuscript for publication consideration in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. I add all my co-authors' details in the metadata section. I know my submission will be declined if I don't give co-authors' details in the metadata section.
- 2. In preparing the manuscript and/or as a corresponding author, I have also ensured the following:
i) The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
(a) One file with author details and Acknowledgements (b) One file without author details and Acknowledgements.
ii) Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
iii) The text is 1.5 line-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end, rather than within the text at the appropriate points.
- 3. Valid, current and working email ids of all authors along with their affiliations and complete postal address have been included.
- 4. I submit a Cover letter with a Checklist. Make a checklist of documents submitted (e.g.: Manuscript, 3 Images).
- 5. I submit a general Ethics statement signed by the corresponding author.
- 6. I have indicated three subject experts, with their Title, complete name, Institutional Affiliation, and working e-mail address, as referees in the "Comments for the Editor" text editor of this submission process at the bottom of the 'Start' page. I have not included any names from my organization or names of my co-published authors in the last year.
- 7. Names of non-preferred reviewers, if any (maximum 2). Indicate this in the "Comments for the Editor" on the Start page of the submission process.
- 8. I understand the objectives of the Journal and have formatted the manuscript to fit the style and needs of the Journal.
- 9. I understand the procedure followed in the review process.
- 10. I affirm that the manuscript has been prepared for and sent only to the Journal of Threatened Taxa for publication consideration and is not submitted to any other journal or any other type of publication (including web hosting) either by me or any of my co-authors.
- 11. I understand that there is no charge for publication in the Journal of Threatened Taxa including subscription charge, membership charge, page charge or any other hidden charge. However, I also understand that in case any of my co-authors or I decide to withdraw the manuscript from publication after a week from the date of submission, a penalty of USD 10/- per page (authors residing outside of India), or INR 500/- per page (for authors residing within India) as indicated in the Checklist (of total pages submitted in A4 size page as per standard JoTT format, including text and illustrations) will be deposited before the submission is considered withdrawn.
- 12. If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in 'Ensuring a Blind Review' have been followed.
- 13. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the 'Author Guidelines', which is found in About the Journal.
- 14. All co-authors of the manuscript have been consulted and the submission is made on the behalf of all authors after approval.
- 15. I understand that by not complying with the above, the manuscript process will get delayed and I do not hold the Journal responsible for the delay.
- 16. If, after peer-review, the manuscript is finally accepted for publication:
i) I/We understand the copyright belongs to me and my co-authors.
ii) I/We grant WILD permission to publish the article in the Journal of Threatened Taxa.
iii) I/We recognise WILD as the original publisher, grant WILD commercial rights to promote the article and the Journal of Threatened Taxa, and distribute/sell hard copies of the Journal and article to any buyer.
iv) I/We understand JoTT is registered under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC-BY), which allows authors to retain copyright ownership.
v) Under the CC-BY license, I/We allow anyone to download, cite, use the data, modify, reprint, copy and distribute provided the authors and source of publication are credited through appropriate citations.
vi) I/We understand that users of the data do not require specific permission from the authors or the publisher.