Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Threatened Taxa?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- On behalf of my co-authors, I submit the following manuscript for publication consideration in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. I understand the objectives of the Journal and have formatted the manuscript to fit the style and needs of the Journal.
- I understand the procedure followed in the review process.
- I affirm that the manuscript has been prepared for and sent only to the Journal of Threatened Taxa for publication consideration and is not submitted to any other journal or any other type of publication (including web hosting) either by me or any of my co-authors.
- I understand that there is no charge for publication in the Journal of Threatened Taxa including subscription charge, membership charge, page charge or any other hidden charge. However, I also understand that in case any of my co-authors or I decide to withdraw the manuscript from publication after a week from the date of submission, a penalty of USD 10/- per page (authors residing outside of India), or INR 500/- per page (for authors residing within India) as indicated in the Checklist (of total pages submitted in A4 size page as per standard JoTT format, including text and illustrations) will be deposited before the submission is considered withdrawn.
- I have indicated three subject experts as referees in the "Comments for the Editor" row of this submission process.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- All co-authors of the manuscript have been consulted and the submission is made on the behalf of all authors after approval.
- Valid, current and working email ids of all authors along with their affiliations and complete postal address have been included.
- In preparing the manuscript and/or as a corresponding author, I have also ensured the following:
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or OpenOffice document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end, rather than within the text at the appropriate points.
- I understand that by not complying with the above, the manuscript process will get delayed and I do not hold the Journal responsible for the delay.
If, after peer-review, the manuscript is finally accepted for publication:
- I/We understand the copyright belongs to me and my co-authors.
- I/We grant WILD permission to publish the article in the Journal of Threatened Taxa.
- I/We recognise WILD as the original publisher, and to sell hard copies of the Journal and article to any buyer.
- I/We understand JoTT is registered under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY), which allows authors to retain copyright ownership.
- Under the CC-BY license, I/We allow anyone to download, cite, use the data, modify, reprint, copy and distribute provided the authors and source of publication are credited through appropriate citations.
- I/We understand that users of the data do not require specific permission from the authors or the publisher.
Authors own the copyright to the articles published in JoTT. This is indicated explicitly in each publication. The authors grant permission to the publisher Wildlife Information Liaison Development (WILD) Society to publish the article in the Journal of Threatened Taxa. The authors recognize WILD as the original publisher, and to sell hard copies of the Journal and article to any buyer. .JoTT is registered under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY), which allows authors to retain copyright ownership. Under this license the authors allow anyone to download, cite, use the data, modify, reprint, copy and distribute provided the authors and source of publication are credited through appropriate citations (e.g., Son et al. (2016). Bats (Mammalia: Chiroptera) of the southeastern Truong Son Mountains, Quang Ngai Province, Vietnam. Journal of Threatened Taxa 8(7): 8953-8969; http://dx.doi.org/10.11609/jott.27126.96.36.19953-8969). Users of the data do not require specific permission from the authors or the publisher.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.